Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Today is the day, Virginia.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Today is the day, Virginia.

    So who's it going to be?
    Democratic

    Obama
    Clinton

    Republican
    McCain
    Huckabee
    Paul

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    I say Huckabee wins at least 2 of the 3...
    McCain is having a commanding lead, but he is more liberal than hilary....

    Obama probably sweeps the potomac 3, and is quickly ending Hilarys run for presidency.

    Obama vs McCain (I want Huckabee)
    Obama will lose because he is muslim

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victory or Death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Obama will lose because he is muslim</div></div>

    Obama may lose because people think he's Muslim.
    Obama isn't Muslim (not that it really matters).

    He was born to a father that came from a Muslim family, but his father didn't practice Islam (was more an atheist). His mother was not Muslim and did not come from a Muslim family. He did go to a Muslim school briefly, but in Indonesia he didn't have too much choice (like my former boss went to a Catholic school because of lack of options, but she wasn't Catholic and didn't practice Catholicism- she just had to go to school).

    He's a practicing Christian by his own admission.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews
    (summary: Americans like spreading gossip better than spreading fact)

    http://www.barackobama.com/about/
    http://www.whois-barack-obama.com/

    And I know some will fight tooth and nail against what I've said, but I heard so much hate-based rumor about him I had to just research it myself. There's more to go by than what I've posted here (interviews, background reviews, etc.) And really, when it's all said and done, it wouldn't matter to me if he was Muslim.

    This is a good example of why Americans need to know their candidates! Research before voting! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    Well you wont have to fight tooth and nail with me, elp6n.
    I've heard nothing but how he is Muslim and I know that a lot of people are voting against him because of that.
    I've tried to explain how it is to them, but some people are ridiculously stubborn.

    Whether he was Muslim or not, he's still got my vote.
    Got to cast my first vote ever this morning and for Obama it was.


    btw - I think it will be Obama and McCain in November.
    but if it were up to me it would be Obama and Paul.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    Really for me, this is the first election where I'm really ok with any of the major candidates. It's the exact opposite of the last election lol

    We had a really good discussion about the candidates at work yesterday. I think we all learned a little bit about them all (except my one co-worker who still thinks Obama is a terrorist that took his oath on the Koran - no lie.)
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    Wow.
    Some people can really be more ignorant than you expect.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    Just got out of class and heading down to the BSG to vote for Obama. If it's Obama vs. McCain in November I'll have to do a ton of research/thinking if it's McCain vs. Hillary, I'm voting for McCain.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    Well, Obama is a good man, but I just don't think the country(as a whole)will vote him in as president if he gets the nomination. A lot of voters won't vote for him this fall just because of his name. Now, before any of you go jumping dowm my throat over my comment, just think about it. I don't hold too much credence in what the polls say, nor for that matter, what the reporters say. Any one on here who has the intelligence of a tadpole, knows that polls can be manipulated to say what you want, and reporter, for the most part, love to manipulate the polls.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A lot of voters won't vote for him this fall just because of his name</div></div>
    Actually another co-worker, at the beginning of our convo yesterday, said just that. He couldn't vote for someone with that name.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Today is the day, Virginia.

    Yeah, I know we are all intelligent people on here, but I have heard it said too many times. They all say that he is probably a good man, but they just can't get past his name.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •